Monday, September 23, 2013

Friday night I started to watch a movie that, in part, was set in Belfast. Then I let it go because


Friday night I started to watch a movie that, in part, was set in Belfast. Then I let it go because he was a pimp silly that even I could stand in full time PMS.
The film, however, cc plaza made me think of Ulster, which is ... with the U of Ulster and Alster. During my trip to Ireland with my friend Michael, back in 2000, I had the opportunity to put one foot in Ulster twice: first in Derry and then in Belfast. We arrived in Belfast by coach of Eirann directly from Dublin Bus. It was the last day of the holiday. The bus back we would have left at the airport where we would sleep close to our backpacks. Our flight, in fact, started early and that was the only way not to lose it. By checking the bus schedule, we realized that the route Dublin-Belfast-Dublin leg was just at the airport and then decided to go to see the city so much read and seen in the film. Throughout our wanderings Irish were trying to stay informed about what is happening there. The bombs they instill fear even in the swagger of 20 years, even when you do not tell your mother you were going to Belfast Belfast equal ... because Ira, Ira equal Loyalisti. And all this equal bombs. At the beginning of the trip I bought a book around Dublin. I wanted to understand more of that story contemporary so as not to be studied. And I was helpful. Then, along the way, I continued to read the daily newspapers of the place and it will be because Ireland is an island and because the newspapers do not know how to swim, but I found so many things that we humans could not even imagine. The swagger of my twenties could go hand in hand with that slight ignorance typical of certain age and then only in Ireland in Belfast discovered that there was only Falls Road ... but there were also Shankill Road and Sandy Row. And I could not pick a better cc plaza day to understand them in full. We arrived early in the morning, the road from Dublin is not much though, politically, it seems to make billions of miles. Victoria Station, Belfast ... in search cc plaza of the luggage. "Ah, look ... there's information office," Michele went. I tried to go to change money there because no one wanted the IEP (in their last year of life) and I had to look for money of the Queen. Money changed, cc plaza ok ... Michael was coming at me with a strange face. "He said the luggage was supposed to be there" "How would they??" I say almost already anxious. "They blew up last week." At that moment I turned in the direction indicated by Michele and live a bit 'of rubble and a hole in the wall. "Good start, it will be a long day .." I repeated in my mind. The girl of the information office told us that we could move towards a hostel nearby, where we could leave our backpacks. I left the station first. In front of me there was a traffic light. It was red for pedestrians and stopped. In front of me passed through an armored car, I looked at him and my eyes pass the military noticed a little further down. At that moment I looked up, perhaps for comfort or something cc plaza else I do not know, but I saw one of the three helicopters that day they stood above the city. At that moment I realized that all this struggle I had read about or that I'd heard talk or sing ... well ... it was not a joke and I was there in the middle of the day. Arrived at the hostel and left our backpacks walked a lot to the center and then from there we reached the area of Falls Road. There are some things that I will never forget that walk. The mural of entry in the area of the Falls where there was a huge white dove and the word Saoirse, freedom in Gaelic (and also the name of the media organization cc plaza Sinn Fein) Do not forget the schools wrapped in barbed wire, with the revenue split between boys and girls. Do not forget the words IRA, with the three colors of the Irish flag, attacked on all the lights on the Falls Road. Do not forget the grave of Boddy Sands, in the cemetery cc plaza of the Falls, and all that space left to bury the new martyrs. Leaving there, we ate something and then took a black taxi back to the center. The road was long. In the center of my tension was now melting. It was a Saturday if I remember correctly, and the people ran as if in a quiet Saturday: shops, a beer or a coffee. At one point we heard march: they were the loyalisti of Sandy Row in the event. They marched with the effigy of the Queen on his head, with all the vestments of the Orangemen in plain sight. I could not believe my eyes and crossed my fingers that nothing happened. There was a kind of knows

No comments:

Post a Comment