Saturday, November 30, 2013

Come on, if like me you were children, if you have been in any decade of the last 40 years, you


You say you think America and to the United States. You say you think the States and in New York. Maybe Los Angeles, if you suffered movie. If you're in Las Vegas, or you are Emilio Fede, or you're a little 'kitsch. I do not. I say to America, and I think Minnesota. What then, let's face it: Who ever in a holiday in the United States plans to visit Minnesota? Well, 'I dream of going there, because there are Minneapolis, Mankato and Walnut Grove. We opened a drawer of memory?
Come on, if like me you were children, if you have been in any decade of the last 40 years, you've probably seen at least a few episodes of House on the Prairie. I dreamed to be Laura Ingalls. I dreamed of having a father like his, and in the evening he sat by the fire telling stories and then I tucked home goods store hours the blankets. One day you worked hard, but Sunday sanctified party, went to Mass with the whole family and then strummed a song sitting in front of the house. I dreamed of her as a mother, always smiling, and good, and that nothing could put a meal together, and with the fruits harvested in the forest preparing jams for the cake. Maybe even a sister like her, diligent, judicious, good at school, and another little girl and naughty. Instead home goods store hours I had not even his freckles, not even his big teeth. Just pigtails. Those yes, equal equal. And his character. I loved Laura Ingalls, its not endure injustice, his tender heart, his love for animals, home goods store hours his rage, his dislike for Nellie Oleson that even today when I see one that looks like me want to pull the hair and throw it in a ditch.
Laura Ingalls was my imaginary friend. Now, considering that the first episodes home goods store hours have aired in 74, I had already thirteen. There is no excuse: if anything at that age one should imagine Chiatti and aspire to be an actress, or as Laura Pausini, and want to be a singer. Maybe here, to 'Laura Palmer if a thread is created and would like to be found naked and dead in a bag Twin peacks. No, I wanted to be Laura Ingalls, and scour at breakneck speed.
I know that in Minnesota, in Walnut Grove, is really the Wilder Pageant Museum, where relive all the excitement of that series. And I know that one day I can go there, even though my dad imaginary, or Mr. Charles, there's more. Maybe I'll put a flower on his grave, as yesterday I did with mine.
But there is a place, a lot more accessible, where I felt at home, and Laura Ingalls home goods store hours I seemed to have her there with me. And 'in San Antonio to Mavignola, a few miles below the Madonna di Campiglio. I got there on a Saturday afternoon, after a long walk along the old road Righi, of which I had already spoken, and which I will talk more. It's called Maso Doss. Pitched roof, hanging panicles, the elderly owner who swept the yard and when he saw me beckoned me to come closer. An invitation to enter, the large fireplace soot-blackened, soft pillows, home goods store hours the big table where all eat together, grappa offer, home goods store hours shortbread biscuits homemade. Chat like family, home goods store hours maybe sitting on a chair in the small loft. The invitation to see the bedrooms, the garden just behind the house, home cooking with its products. And yet the collection of old tools of civilization, the book with the story and photos of his family. I felt at home. There, somewhere, home goods store hours there had to be my friend Laura Ingalls and her beautiful family.
PS on the recommendation of rapidella I realized only now that the farm is closed for the summer season 2012. Probably reopens renovated. No fear, next week are worth mentioning home goods store hours another equally beautiful! Sorry! Here it will be for next year!
PS 2 I had warned the owners home goods store hours of the farm of this post and they sent me an email in which they explain that the closure depends on family reasons, and that it will restructure the whole thing will maintain its current fairy-tale atmosphere and we are waiting for the winter season.
My name is Paola and blogger for vice. And 'the demon of the keyboard and I can not do anything. Here I write what comes into my head, my travel stories also semi-serious about Bray BAGGAGE http://ragliodelbagaglio.blogspot.it/
Search: RECENT POSTS of Africa in Namibia home goods store hours to save cheetahs Léonie was here ... not many shades Far Breton in Brittany RECENT COMMENTS Antonella Eating out I wanted to live in Walnut Grove on Paola1961 I wanted home goods store hours to live in Walnut Grove on ANITA I wanted to live in Walnut Grove on Debora I wanted to live in Walnut Grove George Thieme on My SUBSCRIBE Africa
Select ARCHIVES November 2012 October 2012 September 2012 July 2012 June 2012 May 2012 April 2012 March 2012 February 2012 January 2012 December 2011 November 2011 October 2011 September 2011 ag

No comments:

Post a Comment