Thursday, July 10, 2014

In Megabox


In Megabox’s Jusco (Hong Kong; end of the line on light bus #48; alternatively, free shuttle between Megabox and Telford Plaza(Kowloon Bay MTR)), I asked for 32DD, 32E. They stocked no lower than 34s; the saleslady gave me 34C and 34Ds and showed me the fitting room (she wasn’t pushy, but I was a pushover), saying “These are the same. Trust me.” Of course, they weren’t, and of course, I didn’t buy anything, but that’s the experience.
My impression of Hong Kong bras in general–they have plenty of lingerie stores (I saw numerous Wacoal and Triumph specific retailers, among others, although I think those two are actually under Japanese companies) but I doubt they carry a proper range; Marks and Spencer, the British department brand, makes 28 bands but the HK stores only carry down to 32 at best, and of course those are only A. Popped into lingerie stores whenever we happened to pass one to ask if they carried 32DDs, popped right back out when they said, “What? Uh, no.” with that confused, I-don’t-know-what-you’re-asking expression. I wonder what would happen if I went in now to ask for my current, even more “outlandish” size! (On my next visit to HK, maybe I will! It’ll be fun.)
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
Recent Posts Being Active (Panache Sports Review) Breast Reduction Hi… Review: Basic Five Toes by Tabbisocks Perspectives: Modesty on the Other Side Search for: Categories Bloggy Posts Bra-fitting Brands Cleo/Panache (UK) Curvy Kate (UK) Freya (UK) narue (Jpn) Panache (UK) Parfait by Affinitas (US) Victoria's Secret (US) Discoveries Perspectives Reviews Bras Clothing Online Retailer Physical Store Socks 中文 (Posts in Chinese) Archives June 2014 November 2013 October real canadian super store 2013 August 2013 June 2013 May 2013 April 2013 March 2013 February 2013 January 2013 December real canadian super store 2012 November 2012 September real canadian super store 2012 August 2012 July 2012 Blogroll Braless In Brasil Bras I Hate Thin and Curvy Undiegamer Venusian Glow
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment