Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Following the instructions on the package, I put the beans (500 g) in water for more than 6 hours.


I never thought that in order to participate all'MTChallenge would have to travel so much! In January I started this adventure in Tuscany going to do Pici proposed by Patty. The next month I was catapulted to the U.S. to make the Red Velvet Cake gluten free Stefania. Then I went to Spain in the beautiful Catalonia, to make Fideuà Mai. Today it's back to America, and specifically land of nod outlet in Texas, preparing for a set in the Wild West, as proposed by Anne, who has lived in that land for some time and has left the heart. This is the 'Chili con Carne', which is a dish originally from Texas, although affected by contamination in Mexico, according to the canons of the so-called Tex-Mex cuisine. To complement the cuisine of the cowboy, which is the theme of this month, in addition to Chili con carne, which must be carried out according to the procedure proposed by Anne and the rules imposed land of nod outlet by the co-authors of Menu Turistico, you should prepare a kit: a Bread accompanying tortilla type, cornbread, but also flat bread, chapati, and other unleavened breads like, provided they are not used loaves high, soft, or with such a crumb Outline land of nod outlet Chili My choice of meat with red beans and tortillas And speaking of the Far West, in addition to remember land of nod outlet the countless times in films and styles are very different, I was reminded of the comic Pecos Bill, the legendary hero of Texas, of which I was an avid reader. The key feature of Pecos Bill was that he, unlike the other heroes, had neither guns nor guns, but used the lasso to neutralize his enemies or to overcome the various obstacles that presented themselves in every story. But let's get to the topic of this month's challenge. Of course, as usual, for me it was a plunge into the unknown, having never prepared stewed or braised, let alone this dish Texan. And, as usual, I tried to collect his thoughts a few days in meditation before starting with the decision to search the main ingredients. I started with the chili. I have ruled out the possibility of using my chilies that are very small and that, rather than hot, they are even incendiary. land of nod outlet However, turning the area, I could not find fresh or dried chillies or, at most there were the 'friggitelli', which are sweet green peppers, a little 'smaller than normal, you eat fried foods. Given the constant failure of the research, I expose my problem to the greengrocer's market that takes care of come to my aid. The next day review and find some beautiful fresh chiles, and Rome called 'croissants', the taste is aromatic rather than spicy. I'll take 4, here they are
Step then the meat. I speak with my butcher, who is always generous with good advice, and I promise that the next day I would find what I needed. Oath! The next day I do find 1 kg of meat of adult cattle that prepared specially for me by reducing it to pieces nor small nor too large. The cut is called 'priest's hat' and is located between the 'topside land of nod outlet shoulder' and 'spindle': great for casseroles, stews and boiled!
For the outline I take a pack of 500 g of dried red beans from organic farming. I wanted to use the beans blacks Mexicans, but since those available were bred in China I decided to fall back to the red ones, which were Italian. Regarding the accompanying bread, I wanted to make tortillas using yellow corn flour mixed with wheat flour foil. Preparation land of nod outlet of Chili Sauce. Do I have the chiles (two at a time) on the parchment paper with which I lined the drip pan and grill them I put them in a 210 oven shelf high enough. As the surface begins to blacken, ride them gradually so that the whole berry showing evenly toasted.
A screening is completed, withdraw them from the oven, wrap them in a sheet of aluminum foil and let them rest for about twenty minutes. When you are gunned down, I remove the stem, seeds and delete the inner strands and then take off the outer skins. land of nod outlet Then I reduce the flesh into chunks and then putting it in the food processor to get a smooth sauce but not too dense.
Following the instructions on the package, I put the beans (500 g) in water for more than 6 hours. I then boiled them in a pot with plenty of water when I put 2 bay leaves, a clove of garlic encased (not peeled), a stalk of celery and a carrot, washed and peeled. I cover the pot and let it cook for about three quarters of an hour from when lifting the boil. The beans must boil over low heat, more than Simmer must 'tremble', that is, you have to move soon and should turn

No comments:

Post a Comment